Sunday, February 26, 2006

Oh, what a pie

Perfect Pie is ready for St. Patrick's Day festivities in all of her green glory. Now if only the weather will warm up for some cute spring tops!



Ta Da! I think Perfect Pie turned out pretty nicely. I used Rowan's Kidsilk Haze in a color often called Jelly. I knit on size 7 needles and the picot edge was crocheted on with size H using Louisa Harding Yarns Impression. I love the edge yarn, I could see doing a whole wrap with this some day. KSH makes for a light and airy shawl. I blocked mine to the measurements suggested, but my wrap seems a little small to be worn as modeled on the KAL button. The last 2 pics show how I will probably be wearing this the most (although with the tie, I may tie up a little higher so the top rolls down a little more).

What is your favorite way to wear a shawl?!

9 comments:

Knittripps said...

Pie-tastic! I am so proud of you! You did not compromise beauty for speed or ease and still finished on time. It really looks great! You really deserve the GOLD.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! I love the edging you did, too.

... I tend to wear shawls similar to how you do... although I confess that most of my shawls are around the house draped on the backs of chairs. :)

Well done!

Mouse said...

looks awesome! congrats on a gold medal..!!

amy said...

first off congrats on gold!

it looks amazing and i love the way you are wearing it in the last pic. it is going to be the perfect spring shawl! i think my fav thing is the gorgeous color.

Erin said...

That looks fantastic! Congratulations!

kathy b said...

You have inspired me. Perfect pie may have to be a new project for me. Was it ........easy? I need it to be easy. I don't know my favorite way to wear a shawl. Hmmmmmmm. Im kind of a babushka woman now! Its the hungarian in me I think

kathy from irisheyesknitters.blogspot.com

erin said...

Oh! I love it! how many balls of ksh did you use?

Webbies said...

Only 2 balls of KSH!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the idea, I may check into it if I fall entirely out of love with what I am doing.