Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Crazy or just Perfectionist

Wow, so I pulled a big one tonight. After completing wedge 1 (of 5) a couple of days ago, I started on wedge 2. Finding an error to correct and working backwards, I decided to just cut my losses and start over completely.

Yup....start over COMPLETELY.

The main reason for this is my little error at the beginning of the work (which I kept telling myself I could fix during my blocking) kept staring at me each row. The 2nd error in wedge 2 confirmed my thoughts---I would rather have a nice finished piece than a gold medal.

Yes, perfectionism over rushing through a project.

I am still being ambitious and trying to complete Perfect Pie in the next 10+ days, but I do not want to complete the project by compromising the finished work.

Please send encouraging knitting wishes my way...I will be pushing forward again the next few days!

6 comments:

Maureen said...

Good for you for starting over. I wish you good knitting karma. I can't wait to see the finished piece. I say take your time to finish it.

Anonymous said...

Yea, ditto Maureen. It takes some serious knitting chops to frog it and start over. You'll be much more mentally sane for doing it in the long run. :D

... Sending vibes... and stay warm! It's awful out there!

OnigiriFB said...

Om... good vibes, good vibes.

Anonymous said...

I am on the edging of my perfect pie. I have no blog so haven't joined the knit-a-long. I, too, pulled out ALL my work at the same point you did!! I am working with Artful Yarns Portrait and undoing mohair proved very tricky. The rest of the shawl, I kept thinking...I could have been 1 wedge ahead of here!! Anyway, I love my shawl and hope you will be happy with yours. I feel your pain...I have definite perfectionist tendencies and have passed them down to my poor 11 year old daughter!

Knittripps said...

I think you made the right decision. Otherwise, it would have driven you completely crazy, right? Onward ho!!! and good luck!!! We will find good knitting time on Monday. Do you have a good idea where you would like to knit after lunch? Maybe a coffee shop?

kathy b said...

Oh, you can't lose . Its such a beauty. So, you redo it. You are young, you have time! You are inspiring! Keep it up.