Yup, Rowan's Kidsilk Haze in Jelly (aka Greenie). You will probably be seeing new Mo--Obscenities posted here during the Olympics. Not for the easily offended....Mo-hate it! Well, not yet anyways. But it is fun to rant a little. Seriously, this yarn is a challenge. I have new admiration for those who have conquered projects with this. Will this yarn become easier to work with throughout the project??? On a lighter note, knitting group tonight was fab. Before group, Knittripps & I did a little Olympic training on her project. The ball winder worked its magic tonight! Onigiri was over too, and much to my surprise, she had made Creme Brulee for me...as a thank you for letting her use my supplies! Woohoo! Wow, it was incredible. Thanks again Onigiri!!!
And did I mention the new sensation that is sweeping the BAM household? Yes, it is what it looks like:
Manos del Uruguay from Knittripp's trip to Portland! It is so luscious and I love the colors. I will be dreaming of this for after the Olympics.
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou....THANKS!!
The Olympic knitting will start tomorrow night--wish me luck! BAM is Mo--CRAZY!
4 comments:
LOL Poor BAM, silly mo-yucky need to behave! Good luck to you both tomorrow. Will be looking forward to seeing the progress. You're welcome for the creme brulee. Hope the hubby likes it too. :)
Mohair? Mo-what?!
Seriously, I am sure it will be a pain to work with but just think how beautiful the finished project will be. And after it is done, you will never have to use the mohair again (if want). See you this evening.
Good luck with the Olympics. You're right Kidsilk Haze can be a bit of a challenge, but I'm sure you'll get it.
Oh and you're going to love working with Manos. It's awesome!
i'm right there with you, beth. KSH is a harsh mistress. i'm using it for Birch and, other than the aesthetics of the finished product, I can't see why people love it so much. It sticks to everything, it gets in your mouth, it's slippery, and it's super hard to decrease with! I switched to Bryspun needles (the join is terrible, but the points make all the difference) at some point and they were a great improvement, and yes, I did get used to the KSH after a while. anyhoo, long comment... hang in there!
Post a Comment