Saturday, June 24, 2006

Summer Flies by

Another weekend is in the works here at the BAM household. This week my KnitPicks yarn finally arrived (note to self: pay extra for the non cheapo shipping...I think that they sent carrier pidgeons). The yarn is.....soooo soft! I ordered 2 of their Sock Memories colors (100% Merino), and the colors are pretty vivid.

The darker color is called Carnival and the lighter is Easter. Easter is already on my 1's working on the Friday Harbor socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. This will be the second pattern I have done from this book (the first was Conwy). I always say that I know that a knitting book is good when I have done 2 patterns from it. Here is Friday Harbor in its early stages:


Hope that everyone is having a great weekend and staying dry (we got a much deserved rain this afternoon!

5 comments:

Knittripps said...

I love how soft that yarn is and the colors are lovely. I may have to order some. Happy sock knitting!

Liz said...

Lovely choice of yarn for this sock pattern. :) I enjoyed this particular pattern quite a bit. Charted designs always keep me especially interested. I'm knitting the Denmark socks from this book right now... my second pair as well.

Isn't the weather absolutely marvelous today? I can't get over it. Can't believe I"m in the house! I hope you're able to get out and enjoy it a little. Happy knitting!

Erin said...

I love the knitpicks sock yarns. They're so soft and comfy and the socks just turn out great. Yours is looking excellent by the way!

Kap said...

Well, I don't really do knitting, but it looks cool. Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and I miss ya, haven't talked to you in awhile. Hope all is well...

Maureen said...

What a gorgeous sock... Thanks for the review on the yarn. I have been wanting to try some. Have a great holiday weekend.