First off, let me introduce (finally) my only Christmas knit: Rib & Cable Socks. These were done for my mom who coos about hand-knitted socks. I love when my knits will be worn and enjoyed (I tend to knit and hoard away my keepers in my wardrobe....sad little pretty knits sitting all alone). These were done in Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Flathead Cherry on Size 1 circs. This is wonderful yarn to work with, but bleeds like the dickens....so many rinses are necessary post-knit.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
So much for dry spells....
Let the knitting flood begin....again :)
My maternity knit (Cable Luxe Tunic) is in full swing and on its way to modification as a capelet instead of a tunic.
My sis is helping me on my way to baby knits. After being in the 2007 Socks that Rock club, I think that she may be addicted to their yarn. What did she do? She indulged me with a Baby Surprise kit from Blue Moon Fiber Arts...aren't these colors lovely? Yeah, our little girl will be rockin' in style with this. I can't wait to dig into this yummy color combo.
And now, some bitter-sweet splurging....my favorite local yarn store is closing. It is my favorite because of their wonderful selection of the Rowan yarns. I just happened to go in over the lunch hour today to browse and fondle some Kidsilk Haze only to find many empty shelves and seriously discounted yarn (50% off). With hardly any projects in mind and only my hands to guide the way, I went a bit....nuts. Here are the finds:




Oh, and I picked up the Bobbi Bear pattern. I think that I may not need any more yarns in 2008. My stash is at capacity. I was looking back at my 2007 gallery and noticed that my number of knits is down quite a bit. I have been trying to go for quality over quantity, but with learning to spin this year and MBA classes, I think my needles have been a little lonely. So, here's looking at 2008!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice stash additions! Hurray for 2008 knitting, spinning, and dying!
What great stash additions! I wish my LYS had Rowan... the owner is working on bringing them in for 2008.
I can't wait to see how you modfy the tunic!
I'm sorry your LYS is going out of business, but just look at what you found!!!
Post a Comment