Sunday, July 15, 2007

Randomness

Summer is not my favorite season. Well, it is not even in my top 2. I actually might even prefer winter more (as strange as that seems). In Iowa, we are blessed with all 4 seasons. My personal rankings?
#1 Fall

#2 Spring

#3 Winter

#4 Summer

Summer and Winter are pretty equal actually. I think that having an office job and being in the air-conditioning really contributes to this distaste for heat. Hubbs usually lets my groans and eghs of the heat go by without much comment, but the other day he said: "Well, what did you do as a kid?" Of course I played outside a lot of the summer as a kid. I really think that your body gets conditioned to a certain temp and when being a "corporate" person with less time outside makes the heat sometimes unbearable. All that being said, we have gotten a little relief the last few days. I always say that I would be happy to find a place to live where it is fall all year round....most of the time that is met with San Diego. Hmmmm....where else I wonder.

Knitting has been a little slow lately, working on the "secret project" is getting to me. Not much to blog about there. Spinning creates a little bit of a side project. And I do have some news on that front. I was visiting my dear college town, Ames, and thought I would finally get myself to the Rose Tree Fiber shop. Now this store may have a lot of stuff spread out with no reason about the shop, but hey...that is similar to most of our own personal crafty spaces, right? They have yarn, they have books, but what they have that no other local store in our area has? Yummy FIBER! And not just wool. They have silk, soy, yak, corn, bamboo...you name it, they probably have it! I picked up a half of a pound of corn fiber which Knittripps commented that smells sweet/like corn starch. It has a nice sheen to it. I am looking forward to seeing how it spins!

Going to yoga is still one of my joys for the week. This week's pose that I will share works the core muscles and is the Full Boat Pose.

Yoga is very relaxation and leaving class makes me feel like my body is circulating better. I am learning that there are different styles of yoga, but I like to know that my body is "working", not just stretching. With this pose, I can feel the "work".

Any yogi's/yogini's out there?

2 comments:

Knittripps said...

That is an excellent pose for building core strength. It makes my abs quiver thinking about it!

Anonymous said...

dude i'm the same way. soooo whiney when it gets hot. fall is by far the best season ever invented. you might like san francisco. it's always fall here. you could wear a cute fall coat year around if you really wanted to.