Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Secrets Revealed!

Did anyone guess right from the pic earlier this month? Yes, it is Mason Dixon's Moderne Baby Blanket. Nathalie from my knitting group suggested Lion Brand Cotton Ease, and the new colors are so vibrant that I couldn't resist. And after a run through the washer AND dryer....sooooo soft! Jen & Matt's baby will sure be snuggy in this :) They are due at the end of September, I can't wait to meet their little boy!

My knitting has gotten to be looser over time. The suggested needle size for this yarn I believe is a size 8. I used 5's and was still a little looser than I prefer. Must be the yoga that has eased up my style :)

My gauge was nowhere near what the pattern was and so I had to modify a bit to keep the blanket "crib size". Modifications listed in my 2007 gallery.

As for life, I will be enjoying a bit of a break over the next week or so. I don't plan on blogging, but may be lurking around checking in on everyone. Hope that you all are enjoying your summers....it will be FALL before we know it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great blanket! I have some Cotton ease around here- I think I might use it for a baby blanket too!

kathy b said...

Wonderful job on the blanket. Great colors. I loe the edging to it. Really a wonderful gift.

Knittripps said...

It looks great! I love how the border turned out.

Erin said...

Very, very nice baby blanket. I love that those blankets are so simple, yet really interesting... if that makes any sense!

Congratulations on getting in for your MBA! (Can you tell I'm a little behind on my blog reading?)