Monday, July 09, 2007

Missing Paris

Ah, to bring a touch of France home. How about a sweet Madeleine? One of our take-homes from France was a pan to bake Madeleines. After a smoldering hot weekend, what better way was there to spend time other than baking? :)I couldn't resist. After searching around on the internet for a perfect recipe, I decided on this one. They turned out very well (good texture, good taste), although I think next time I will opt for a recipe that has a little more lemon...or maybe I will try orange to suit Hubbs' tastes. I hear that the pans create better madeleines after multiple uses. Mmmmm....

Of course our fur buddies were relaxing the weekend away and enjoyed the time I spent baking around the house. Ein is such a cutie...here he is in one of my favorite sleepy dog poses:

5 comments:

Julie said...

mmmmmm....looks yummy!!!
I need to figure out when the Y has yoga and start up...I think I need it!

Smithers said...

Yum! I tried Yoga once...then I realized I have no balance! (Maybe that is why I fall over on my bike a lot)

Knittripps said...

My sample cookie was tasty!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm looks yummy!

Erin said...

Those do look good, though I don't know how you handled the heat!

And your dog looks so relaxed!