Hubbs and I have a new fun activity around riding our bikes. We can hit the trail near our house and ride about 5.5 miles out to hit a great little pizza place perfect for a little bite to eat and then head home to get about 11 miles round trip. This is a pretty easy distance for me (thanks to my new seat), and so
hubbs has some longer miles in mind for me :) Not sure what exactly what is in store for me, but hey...I will try! A week ago today, we rode out for our Friday night dinner. We ordered a small pizza, and they brought us a medium instead. We didn't finish it, and so they wrapped up the slices and
hubbs rode them back to our place in the back of his jersey. Those pockets are so multi-purpose! Early evening was a nice time to head back and see some deer along the trail.

As the weekend approaches, the heat is rising here in
Dsm.
Egh. I am not one for the summer heat here in Iowa. Last night, we went down to the I Cubs for Father's Day with
hubb's dad & grandma. It ended up being a great night to be down at the park. Here are the I Cubs warming up:

For the non-locals reading this, you can see our
state capitol building in the distance with its beautiful gold dome. Definitely one of my favorite architectural buildings in the state.
As for this weekends plans? Well, we are having a
huge triathalon in town. It is one of the World Cup
Triathalon events and has the largest prize purse in
Triathalon history...$700,000. We know some of the people participating as
amateurs so we plan to cheer them on. On Sunday, the elite athletes storm the city....should be fantastic!
On knitting related news....Clessidra # 2 is getting there. I am almost ready to turn the heel!
5 comments:
I love the view from principal park. *sniffle* I love DM.
Stay cool this weekend!
How fun to bike your way to dinner! So with the bike riding and the pizza, I'd say that's a net calorie of zero- so bring on dessert!
What a great idea for a date night!
Oh I hope my husband does not hear of this and i hope it doesnt become a new trend. IT is not that I won't ride my bike to dinner, it is jut that he is a cycling nut and would want to ride 90 miles to dinner with me.
You know I am not a Cub fan anymore right? Go Boston Red sox. Glad you had fun at I. Cubs. THey are probably better than the pro team currently fighting / playing in My town.
I love bike riding, but I've always found the seat to be so uncomfortable! Maybe I just need to get a new seat too!
Post a Comment