Sunday, April 01, 2007

What to knit....

I have decided what will travel with me to France to knit: Clessidra! I ordered some Gloss from KnitPicks, and hopefully it will get here and through the ball winder before I leave. After hearing horror stories in the blogosphere about needles being confiscated at airports, I couldn't bear the thought of loosing any precious Addi's or any of my Denise Interchangeables. I have sevearl little sock needles, the cheap-o metal variety being the least important to me. I really don't like knitting with them, but could manage to part with them if need be. So, no socks on 2 circ's for Clessidra.

I am all about the international sock knits (apparently). Friday Harbor socks made it to Trinidad & Tobago, and these will be world traveler socks #2.

Hooray for portable projects! And yes, I am totally diggin' the cables on Clessidra. And guess what? There is a KAL!

5 comments:

Mouse said...

I've heard that the safest bet for planes are bamboo dpns... the word from international travelers is WOODEN NEEDLES! Hope that helps!

Maureen said...

I heard the same thing about bamboo needles. The Knitty socks are great. I mostly knit on 2 circulars too. I think it is much faster. Not sure when you are elaving...but have a wonderful trip .

amy said...

you probably aren't flying british air, but if you are metal needles won't get through. I didn't have trouble with my Denise's though. Just remember the tip to bring a self addressed stamped envelope just in case!

Knittripps said...

Oh, that is a great tip from Amy about bringing a self-addressed stamped envelope. What a pretty pair of socks to knit! French socks...ooh la la!

Erin said...

That seems like the perfect project. It's portable and it's interesting for all those mind-numbing hours on the plane!