Friday, March 02, 2007

Well, uh, nobody's perfect

Alpaca--one of the best fibers known to knitters. Remember how ecstatic I was about my find on Elann? Well, when it arrived amidst the blizzard yesterday I was stoked. The colors? True the the site. The fiber? Softest of soft. The variegation? Yuck.

Yup, the variegation is a little bit crazy. That is the best way to describe it. The color changes are soooo short that Tzarina very early on looked like a tye-die gone mad. But with such soft yarn and nice colors, there has to be a good pattern.


My thoughts turned back to another Clapotis. Or another Perfect Pie. You see, I am set on wraps. I am wrappy as my sis would say. I started a perfect pie to see how it would look. What do you think?


(Ignore the colors for now, I didn't get to get good lighting due to blizzarding conditions and darkness). Do you think Perfect Pie will work? PP2 as I like to call it.

1 comment:

Knittripps said...

Hrmm...I really loved your first Perfect Pie so my first instinct is to say go for it. Maybe the openness of the pattern will pull the colors out more and break up the short stripes.