Saturday, March 24, 2007

Getting Ready for Paris

Paris in the Spring....

Kotan is finished! They call this a poncho, but to me it is more of a capelet. The pattern had a couple of erratas (despite the book including a couple of corrections for the pattern). It wasn't too difficult to interpret the pattern however. As much as I hate seaming, the side seams are fine by me and they turned out pretty well.
I think that the Arucania Atacama worked nicely with this pattern. The "crazy" variegation was tamed. I would recommend this yarn, it is very very soft. I notice that Elann.com has already sold out of several of the colors (including this one which was listed as Santiago). If you are looking to do a Clapotis this Spring, I think that it would well for that too.
For some reason, these colors say Paris to me. I don't know why. I am happy that it is finished and will be a perfect snuggle up for the plane and good for a cool day (hopefully without rain) when I don't want to wear a jacket.

4 comments:

Mouse said...

very pretty!

Knittripps said...

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh-la-la!
It looks great.

Maureen said...

Very nice Beth! It loks great on you. The black pepper pasta sounds yummy. There is nothing like homemade pasta.

Anonymous said...

its awesome!! and yes...perfect for paris