
With
Hubbs out racing in K.C., Friday night was a little lonely (and perfect for knitting time). Saturday, was one of my favorite holidays, and I celebrated my heritage with some friends and of course
Guinness :) Today involved making some pasta with my sis and
Onigiri....we made plain, spinach, and black pepper pasta....yum! I took home the black pepper and I can't wait to try that this week.
Onigiri indulged us by making some creamy clam sauce to try out the spinach....my compliments to the chef! I think I will use a red sauce with the black pepper pasta....maybe one that has a wine flavor. This is our second pasta get together....we are really getting to be a finely tuned machine! Hopefully
they will put some pics up on
their blogs too!
I did finish the 2nd side of Kotan. You can see the changing colors as I switched skeins, but I can't stand the thought of changing back and forth every few rows to stop this effect. And honestly? I kind of like the changes throughout. They are fairly subtle, and once I have this rinsed and blocked, I think it will be nice. Ahhhh, is for Alpaca. So snuggle worthy.
4 comments:
the past looks delish...
OK, OK...I put up one more picture!
Kotan looks lovely. Your picture with the front and back together looks like a butterfly.
Ooh, how was the black pepper pasta? That sounds delish. I love fresh homemade pasta.
I think the changing colors looks nice. And you're right, it's very subtle. It definitely adds interest!
Post a Comment