I ripped out (rip it, rip it) the wedge I had started and tried again with the correction on the M1. The results? Well, not what I think I want from this yarn. I oh so wanted to do a capelet so I am starting to think that I am creating this dissatisfaction. Ho Hum. Wrap Style does have a design section in the back and so if I can find a stitch that I like, I might try to design my own. Why settle?
I think a nice handpainted yarn capelet will be perfect in Paris this Spring....I am stuck on it.
As for Trellis, my beginning border has been completed. Lace knitting is a bit finicky, which is not good for me this weekend with my knitting chi gone.
I have been hitting up my blog reads that I know are spinners to try to get some tips on how to get started with my beautiful Golding that Knittripps got me for Christmas.
Knotty Mouse gave me some good pointers (I have been trying to draft & spin at the same time), and there is a good website (www.icanspin.com) with video clips that shows a technique called "park & draft". This definitely seems like it would be more my speed and so I am trying that out.
Skein Street also provided me with online resources (http://www.joyofhandspinning.com/) . One of her first comments to me was that she doesn't think that there is a wrong way to spin, there is just what works and what doesn't. So far, I haven't found what works for me, but there is still hope!
Pie Knits is a newbie spinner as well and says that she has read several places that you're really just training your hands and that they just have to get use to the rhythm so the 15 min a day is the best way to learn.
So many good online blog buddies to use as resources, thanks everyone!
Our kittie Trowa is sitting behind my beauty waiting for some action. Time to try again!
1 comment:
Gorgeous spindle! My cat loves to watch me spin on my drop spindles.. I have no idea why. Keep practicing and you'll be an awesome spinner in no time!
Post a Comment