Sunday, December 03, 2006

Tis the Season

Right after a good Thanksgiving, we were ready to get our holiday decorations up. That meant a family trip out to the tree farm. I don't know of too many other years where the weather was so nice picking out our tree.

To the left, are the workers at the farm "shaking out" any loose needles.

Our blue & white lights are up outside (thanks Hubbs) and a few choice decorations are up indoors. The tree is adorned with our small stash of favorite ornaments (this will be our 4th Christmas tree together). Hubby has some Peanuts ornaments from his childhood and I have a few owl ornaments from mine that are dear to me. I am such a sucker for cute owl stuff. Which, by the way, have you seen these? I am not much of a sewer, but hey, I could try for one of these cuties.

Boy has the weather changed this week. It is now VERY cold outside, but with no snow. I am sure that it will come soon enough one of these days though.

What decorations get you in the holiday spirit? I really like Nutcrackers, and we have St. Nick figurine that definitely gets me excited for Christmas.

And, what are your favorite Christmas albums? Diana Krall has a nice new one out this year, but I am very parial to Chris Issak's Christmas CD.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I have to say seeing all the lights go up on the houses. I am more partial to Angels, Snowmen, and anything with the Nativity.
Albums....LOVE my Amy Grant and Jim Brickman CD's!

Mouse said...

I love the smell of live christmas trees.. My husband is completely against them. Yours is gorgeous and I love the curtains behind it too!

Knittripps said...

I love my Elvis Christmas cd. I also like to put in Frank Sinatra once in awhile.

Jules said...

The Carpenters Christmas Album is one of my favorites. I also like any Manheim CD. I like lights, I have even had trees with no ornaments just lights.

Merry Christmas BAM.