Thursday, July 20, 2006

This summer heat


What has BAM been up to? It is time for an update post!

Hubbs and I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean opening night....Loved it! (despite the length and the total set up for another round of pirates---argh!) In fact, we have already watched the original twice again since Dead Man's Chest.

As you can see, things have been pretty quiet around the zoo. Ein is pictured here with his favorite toy, the duck that quacks. It has since stopped quacking from his constant playing, but remains his favorite.

The horrible heat of the midwest kept me in most of the weekend, allowing muchas knit time. I have been cranking away on Lelah with some Rowan Cashsoft Dk (this yarn is soooo soft, what luxury). 3 balls later, here she is! All that is left to do is seaming in the elastic band on the top and adding the tie (which may end up being a copper color but is to be determined). Does anyone have any tips for putting in the band? I am not much of a sewer and want to keep the edge crisp.

1 comment:

Knittripps said...

I am laughing at Ein's duck...Honk Honk!
Your Lelah top looks great. I am curious to see how this adding an elastic band works. I have no clue???