The socks aren't really all of those things, but the pair is complete!
Friday Harbor Socks was not my favorite sock pattern. Despite a little flaw here and there, I pushed on and left them alone, and they turned out pretty good. The flat socks pic makes them look as though they are not the same size, but you can see that on my feet they are indeed a good fit. I would definitely recommend the KnitPicks yarn, it is very soft and my feet will be enjoying these socks.Now the dilemma starts...what to do next? I have a few patterns in reserve for future projects (Trellis scarf, Nouveau, & the Hamper blanket), but I don't have much interest in those right now. I have been thinking about moving back to the world of seaming and going for another sweater. After leafing through books and old Interweave's, I stumbled upon the Heathery Duo in Inteweave's Fall 2004. The skirt is calling my name. A knit skirt you say, it can't turn out well. But it has just enough interest, with its lacey pattern and slight A-line shape that it is beckoning to be done. With this skirt in mind, I am already headed for Fall thoughts. The pattern calls for Cascade 220, and I should be able to find that here at a local shop. It's always good to support the local yarn shops!
4 comments:
Don't you just love that knitpicks sock yarn? I have two pairs of socks made out of that and they look awesome and feel great. Yours turned out really nice too!
I can't wait to take a peak at this skirt pattern. Very interesting...
Knitted Together and Donna's both carry 220. But you probably knew that. ;) The socks turned out great! Can't wait to see the skirt in progress... I say go for it!
Your socks are beautiful. Make no apologies.
I cannot wait to see the skirt knitted up. What fun!
Post a Comment