Sunday, January 22, 2006

Mitten 1

Is finished! I will be weaving in the ends and blocking on another occasion, I am thinking after I complete mitten 2. I did end up modifying the pattern a little to make the mitten a little more my size. It still ended up quite roomy, but hey...mittens are supposed to be a little roomy, right?

No complaints on the yarn. Baby Ull is definitely a winner in my book.

This has been a very knit-filled, low key weekend. I am looking forward to a nice warm fire this evening. I don't know about casting on for mitten 2, but I might just get my bobbins ready for round 2!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Crusoe socks turned out excellent. I have to agree about the Baby Ull. I love that yarn. Most Dale of Norway yarns I love. Your mitten looks gorgeous!

kathy b said...

Oh my gosh, your mittens are WONDERFUL. I mean you MITTEN is wonderful. Thanks for the yarn tip.

Knittripps said...

Mitten 1 looks great! So you won the mitten battle vs hubby (not hubby's mitten now)!

Webbies said...

We'll see on the mitten battle...it still fits hubby better. He says we can share. Unisex mitt!

Alyssa said...

Hi -
Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I'm really enjoying knitting Veste Everest. I should be finishing up the back tonight.

You've knit some beautiful things! Your Nordic Lights capelet blew me away. That is such a lovely pattern and you did an excellent job. (And your Veste Everest is fabulous).