Sunday, January 22, 2006

Crusoe would be proud

Crusoe is my first 2006 completed project! I am very happy with the results, this yarn has been easy to work with. They were done on size 2's with Plymouth Sockotta in a color I like to call "Sock Monkey". Since this is a blend of cotton, wool, & nylon (machine washable...YES), they made for a well-fitted sock! Somehow I do think this pattern is a little off when you are turning the heel (when working the smaller size, I did not go through 12 rows), but it was easily adjusted. These could be my favorite knitted socks (based on comfort fit).

For those wondering how hubby is doing...the procedure went well and he is resting up (finding it hard to stay off his bike). The first few hours were not particularly comfortable for him because he despised having the gauze in his mouth. He has not had much pain (just comments of a tight jaw). He has been avoiding the pain pills they prescribed (Lortab...super strong stuff--codeine, a partial narcotic, you know the drill), and has opted for Ibuprofen & Extra Strength Tylenol instead. We will see if that lasts, I think today he is quite a bit more sore.

Well, the weekend is almost over and it is time to do the Sunday routine. Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Knittripps said...

Poor guy! I hope he is feeling better.

I am glad your Crusoe socks turned out so nice. How much yarn did you end up having left over?

Webbies said...

Well, I didn't touch the 2nd skein....and I still have quite a bit of the first left. Maybe 1 and 1/3?