Saturday, December 10, 2005

A little Progress

Nordic Lights is still in progress. I have probably done about 3.5 inches since the last pic I posted. I think I need to start another project so I have 2 in the mix again.

I am thinking about beginning a pair of mittens. These mittens are from Knitting Marvelous Mittens (Ethnic Designs from Russia) by Charlene Schurch. See the pic below for the mitten I have chosen and the colors I am going to use (charcoal, teal, & orange). The yarn pictured is Dale of Norway's Baby Ull, which is sooooo soft. I think the mittens are going to be luscious. They are my b-day knitting project, so I think I will enjoy knitting them.

Anyone have any tips for working a border like this? I usually hold both colors in my right hand when working 2 colors, but think I may have to move to one in each hand for the multi-color ribbing.


Time to get ready for our big holiday party of the season...should be fun!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Love the colors on Nordic! Would enjoy a picture of the back, too.

OnigiriFB said...

Wow pretty! Can't wait to see it when it's done. I'm currently practicing what you taught me last night. Umm... I think I need some help! Some how it keeps growing..the wrong way! :P

Webbies said...

Laura, the back looks exactly like the front, it is a wrap! Next time I will try to get a photo of the whole piece to give you an idea!

Erin said...

Whenever I do two color knitting I definitely hold one strand with each hand. For me, it just goes a lot faster.

Nordic lights is coming along! It really looks great!