Monday, December 26, 2005

What a wonderful Christmas

Hubby & I had a wonderful Christmas full of time with family & feasting. It is nice to have Monday off to recover, rest, and clean. We didn't have any of the festivities at our condo this year, but it is in need of some real organization!

Especially after a Christmas surprise last night, when after we got home from our final holiday destination, our ceiling started leaking! It was in our kitchen and the water was dripping from our light. We rushed over and cleared off the counter, unscrewed the light bulb, got a bowl, and hurried over to our neighbors to find out what could be causing this. (Note: this is the 2nd instance of water leaking from this neighbor's unit, the first instance earlier this year had my closet out of commission for a good month). Sure enough, she had been running her dishwasher. Eventually the dripping stopped, but now we have another project to figure out what is causing this. Needless to say, we are not too pleased about this. Ahh, to be part of an association. I guess you have to take the bad with the good. But on Christmas? Geez.

Now since the recipients have received their gifts, I can share with you my holiday knitting! Hats were big this year. The red hat (for Hubby's Aunt) was done in Caron's Simply soft yarn with this pattern from Frugal Haus. The multi-colored hat (for my Mom) was done in Crystal Palace's Musique yarn from no particular hat pattern. The wheat colored hat for my Aunt was done in Plymouth Indiecita Alpaca (sooo soft, must buy more of this yarn) from Fruity Chick's Nora pattern. I really enjoyed this pattern, and plan to make more of these. The first scarf is a simple garter stitch done for my Grammie in some soft yarn (Paton's Divine) . The second scarf is Mimi VeryLong done in some Hand Painted Opal sock yarn. The final hat is Safi (for my sis), is from Rowan's Cotton Rope Collection. The yarn used here is Katia Pisco.








This was also a year of knitting gifts for me! I received some great things including a gift certificate to Purls. And as you can see, I have added a few new things to my collection, all from Knittripps (except Scarf Style which I got from Hubby's Aunt). Knittripp's and I are planning on some socks to start the New Year. This will be her first pair!

And finally, I will leave you with one of my favorite things from Christmas Eve....Luminaries!!

4 comments:

OnigiriFB said...

Dammit I need to learn how to make those hats!!! I so want one!

Knittripps said...

Luminaries are one of my Christmas Eve favorites too. Funny story about that one for you. Hubby was patiently driving me through M&D's neighborhood to look at the luminaries and he started to flash his brights and complain about a person who only had parking lights on. I had to explain to him that it was part of the process!

Webbies said...

hehehe....pretty funny! Hubby knows the drill, but our ride won't turn off the lights....automatic!

Erin said...

The Nordic lights caplet turned out fantastic! It just looks great. And it's great to hear you had such a nice holiday (minus the water leak that is!) Have a great New Year!