Saturday, December 31, 2005

Current Works

Within the last couple of days, I have started a new project as well as ripped out an old one. Remember my Celebrity Look-Alike Shawl? It has returned to its original form. I have every intention of going back and redoing this, but in a much smaller size. I only clear 5 feet by several inches, and the shawl was hanging down well below my knees! Not something I would ever wear, so it had to go. I am hoping to crochet one more to my size and perhaps add fringe this second time around. After all, what good is a finished project if it will never be used? The pattern is from Stitch Divas and the yarn is Katia Pisco from Elann.

As mentioned before, a new pair of socks is on the needles. I am doing Whitby from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. The yarn is Plymouth's Sockotta and is very reminiscent to me of sock monkeys. I really like the colors of the yarn (thanks Knittripps again!) but have yet to determine if this pattern will be the best choice. Thoughts? Sometimes it is a little hard to see the pattern come through until you work a few more inches.

Happy New Years everyone! Here's to a safe & festive night!

2 comments:

Knittripps said...

Did you think about the Crusoe sock pattern? The yarn might look nice with the stranding stitches pattern. I might like to try that pattern in '06.

Webbies said...

Crusoe was my first sock pattern! I enjoyed doing it and think I might try that....I think Crusoe would only use 1 ball of that yarn.