Tuesday, December 13, 2005

It's a Wrap!












Has anyone else noticed the trend lately? Shawls, Shrugs, capelets, Ponchos..in lace, wool, alpaca...you name it and someone is knitting one! It seems as though everyone has gone crazy for these accessories, and who can blame them?

Knit and Tonic has a post recently referencing shawls and the excitement of knitting them and how useful they really are. Knittripps is planning a lovely shawl for her next project and has already done one beauty this year. I am in the midst of my Nordic Lights and am eyeing the next possible wrap to knit. It has really gotten me thinking. I never thought myself to be much of a "shawl lady", I tend to think sort of matronly thoughts when I hear the word shawl. But I am telling you, my perception is quickly changing when I see all of the neat things out there!

This year, I myself have done 3 that can fall into that category this year, and I am already on another wrap! Ok, I am addicted....easily admitted. Anyone else in this camp?

What has been your favorite wrap, shawl, poncho, etc. that you have loved to knit, could not live without, or are totally itching to make?

2 comments:

OnigiriFB said...

Oh how lovely! I think elegant when I hear of a shawl. After seeing you and Emi's shawls I definetely want one. Specially that kimono one. That will probably have to wait until I get a little better. Looking forward to tomorrow :)

Erin said...

I obviously loved making the clapotis, but I haven't gotten all that much of a chance to wear it, but I do love it! As for other shawls, I'm not sure if any of the others have struck me as much as clapotis did!