Friday, November 25, 2005

A nice start to the holiday season

For me, Thanksgiving always is the start of the holiday season. Maybe it is because of the big family feast for Thanksgiving, or maybe it is because this is the weekend for every year since I can remember, that my family does our Christmas tree shopping. And today will be the same, my sis & brother-in-law, mom & dad, and hubby & I, will get in our cars and zip out to the tree farm to find a nice tree for each of our homes. Nothing beats the smell of a live tree in your home at Christmas, well, at least very few things rival it anyways.

Yesterday was another nice Thanksgiving. Lots of yummy things to eat, and too much eating as usual. That makes for an early evening most years and so last night I spent some time working on our Christmas stockings and then hubby & I dubbed the night "movie time" and popped in Old School. Per usual, I had a helper with my knitting. Silly Trowa!
As for the Christmas Stockings, I ousted Baroo from my picks. I worked on this pattern and found it to be somewhat poorly written. I was constantly flipping around trying to find out what was next and where I was. I considered re-writing it to be a little bit clearer to follow, but decided to move on instead. So, I picked up my Handiknit HOLIDAYS, and found that the Aran Stocking were just what I was looking for. Nothing fancy for the yarn here, just TLC essentials (held double stranded) in their Aran colorway. I think it will make for durable stockings in a classic design.

Yesterday, Ein mentioned to me that he wanted to try on his dog sweater this year since it is starting to get chilly. The armholes are a little snug for him, so he requested a new sweater to wear. Adding it to my list, dogger!


Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

5 comments:

Knittripps said...

Ein looks great in his sweater! Funny how we were at the vet at the same time today :)

Anonymous said...

I remember when you were knitting that dog sweater. Cute cute.

Happy Thanksgiving to you. :D

OnigiriFB said...

Aww your pets are so cute! :) I'm going to check out the yarn store in Valley Junction next week. I think it's time I tried my hand at knitting again. Any recommandations for newbie? I learned to knit when I was 15 and sucked at it. I'm not sure if I remember how to anymore.

Webbies said...

Come and knit with me and Emily! We will show you the ropes again :)

Erin said...

What a cute puppy sweater. He looks like he's enjoying it too!