Thursday, August 11, 2005

What's on my mind (knitting-wise)

Last night was another evening of knitting with the girls. It is always fun to get together and see what projects people are working on. One of our new members Gretchen was working on a top-down sweater from a pattern by Pure & Simple. The yarn she is using is luscious and was the envy of the group (I need to find my way to the K.C. yarn store where she acquired it)! I can't remember the name of the yarn, so I will have to do a little research and get back to all of you on that.

As for future projects...there are a couple baby items in my future. Natalie is looking at some cutie diaper covers for our Baby-Along (or Natalie-Along as I like to call it). And I will be working on very fashionable item for our friends Kyle & Julie (yet to be determined knitted gift). Other than that? Well....socks. It has been a few months since I have done a pair of socks, so here is the sock craving again! Back to Knitting on the Road for inspiration. Although, the Fall Interweave has a nice looking pair too!

Kyoto? Yes, it is still here. The sleeves are too boring to post a picture of in progress at this point, but you should be seeing them soon.

1 comment:

Knittripps said...

I hunted down the knitted items at the Iowa State Fair today and found them on the second floor of a hidden exhibit area in the Varied Industries Building. I was able to spot the two items entered by Gretchen - way to go! She had been given what looked like two Fourth place ribbons.