Monday, August 15, 2005
The Fair
Sunday was a beautiful day to spend at the fair. We arrived around 5 P.M., just in time to enjoy a foot long corn dog for hubby, a corn dog for me, and some freshly squeezed lemonade. Then it was off to the butter cow and butter "Tigers". Next on the list were the barns, where we visited some friends at the cow barn and then toured around and looked at some attractive sheep. Baaa! After battling the crowds a bit more, we decided to have our AE milkshake....hubby thought cookies & cream sounded good. YUM, he was right! We headed up the hill to the cultural center and saw the domino display and some photography. No knitting to be seen...Emily was right....very hard to spot! Then we decided it was time to circle around and try something sweet & deep fried. We went for the Milky Way. It was good, but something about food fried on the stick, makes me wish I was having another corn dog. Maybe we should have went for the Oreos?? We met my parents at the Grand Stand for Garrison Keillor. He was really fun to watch. There was quite a bit of singing (including the Iowa Song). He had some funny things to say about good old Lake Wobegon, Lutherans, and his high school reunion. Plus, gotta love Guy Noir, and of course my favorite Rhubarb song!! All in all (and despite the crowds)....the fair was pretty great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I went to the fair with my family. I told them that I needed to go to the 2nd floor of the Varied Industries Building to see the knitting. They assured me that there was no such thing as a 2nd floor to that building. Well, they were wrong and there I found the knitting, crocheting, quilting, sewing, and various other fiber arts. Unfortunately, I missed the Cultural Center though.
Did Garrison Keillor do my favorite, the ketchup commercial? We had a deep-fried Milky Way as well and have tried Twinkies, Ho-Hos and also Oreos. The Oreos are probably my least favorite.
Post a Comment