Sunday, October 07, 2007

How about some singles?

Just when I think that I am getting the drop spindle down, I am humbled by the finished product :) I had it laying on top of my spinning bag and when we got home one evening, Hubbs says "Look what the dog got" (referring to our loving Ein who likes to pick up our items from time to time while we are out of the house). Of course the dog had not touched it at all. Hehehe.
What is a little curious is how my singles are looking from the Sheep & Wool festival roving. See a difference?

Our spinning teacher says that your yarn is a product of the picking, carding, spinning, and cleaning and that if any one is off, then you will not have a satisfactory finished product. Interesting, eh? It makes sense, and showing by my singles from class in the top picture, it is pretty accurate too!

Is there anything that you think knits well as singles? I am planning on leaving my colorful Sheep & Wool yarn as is. I still have quite a bit more to spin, so I am thinking that I could maybe do a medium-size project. I am in love with spinning variegated yarns.

2 comments:

Knittripps said...

My first singles from class are a little suspect. Maybe I should post a picture so we can see improvement over time?

Smithers said...

My lack of knitting knowledge is barring me from understanding the entire point of this post. Damn my lack of knitting knowledge!