Saturday, May 26, 2007

The right seat

Bike seats....not the most comfortable place for a woman to sit. Thinking about the season and miles I would like to put on the bike this year had me groaning about my current seat that came on the bike. Not that it was BAD (I am sure that it was not)...it is just that a seat is a personal preference. I never really thought much about this until I found that I didn't like my current seat.

Terry Bicycles has some of the best things for women. Cute clothes, bikes designed specifically for women (although I ride a Giant from their women's specific line), and top notch seats (saddles) from what I have heard. Hubbs heard my cries (or wines, or complaints) and ordered me the Butterly Cromoly Gel (along with some cute new duds to get me excited about getting out on the bike with him---funny how he knows how to appeal to me). First impression of just sitting on it? Still a bike seat :) I think it will take some real time on the seat to see any difference though. If only this rain would hold off so that I can get out and really see.

There is something to be said about conditioning to a bike seat each year and how it just takes some miles and riding time.

Any thoughts out there from riders on seat comfort?

3 comments:

Knittripps said...

Interesting...well, I can say that I know nothing about bike seats. Your hubby is probably the best resource I can think of though!

Julie said...

I think you just have to break it in! I hated my bike seat at first and now I LOVE IT! The only time it bugs me is when I've been riding for a couple of hours. The it starts to get uncomfortable, but I think any seat will after 2 hours of non-stop riding!
Hope you like it. I have the pink breast cancer awareness one from Terry.

Jules said...

I have the pink breast cancer seat from Terry and it is a great seat. It now comes in black with the pink ribbon. Bill got me that one for my other bike. However it takes alot of riding to get use to a seat and to get on broke in the way you like. Dont give up, Biking is well worth the effort.