Yup, hubbs did it again. In his sweetness he ordered me exactly what I wanted for Valentine's day....a heart rate monitor. For the last few months, we have been actively going to the gym together and I decided that I needed a better way to track/chart my progress. My typical activities are more cardio then anything and my favorite machine is the elliptical. I also will do some biking as well as spend some time on the track.
I soon developed a frustration with the machines. Often times on the elliptical, it was unable to read my heart rate. Now, you can plug in your height, weight, & age, but I really have been doubting the accuracy of the machines (heart rate, calories burned, etc). The solution? My own monitor programmed exactly for me keeping track on my progress!
On of our buddies, P Bear has been a running fiend lately. She is training for her 1st half marathon and has already managed to Run herself Ugly (or hot as her man B would say). I myself don't have any goals/events set to work for, but I just want to improve my general fitness level.
I am especially excited about being able to upload my activities on the computer to see the progress. One of the features I think will really be key is to view heart rate intensity and different training zones. And to top it off...my heart rate monitor is the vibrant red...perfect for a Valentine!
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think I want to check into a HR monitor! None of the machine sensors ever work on me.
That's really cool! Go hubbs!
Very interesting...I look forward to hearing about your progress. I think it would be interesting to learn more about what is good, what is not good, and what your body is doing. I have no concept of any of those three things.
Post a Comment