Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ice Ice baby....


Yup, we got blasted. Freezing rain and then snow. Power outages across the city from big tree limbs down and lots of the weight on the power lines. Luckily enough, we have had our power going all weekend. Yesterday was a whole day inside, mystery project finished (plus embroidery), and today it is blocking. I still need to line it (hint hint), but I think that will be delayed until I actually get out to a fabric store. Most likely, pics will be on the blog before lining, I am not so good at keeping secrets.
After a day of being cooped up inside and riding his trainer, hubbs ventured out to ride in the snow. Snow biking, I love the pics he brings back. The pic one is from the road that leads up to my high school....snow makes everything soooo beautiful. One of my friends just called who lives out in the country (about 45 min outside of Dsm) and they have had their power out since 10 a.m yesterday...she said that they might not get their power back until the end of the week (apparently rural communities are low priority?). Brrrr, at least her parents live about 20 miles away and have their heat so that they have a place to stay!
This afternoon I was stir crazy and so hubbs dug us out and we zipped over to Starbucks....yum. I soooo love my Starbucks. It was a nice treat. We joked in the car about how Starbucks was a necessity :)

I did manage to work on Trellis, just a little. Lace brings with it all sorts of fears: Are my Addi's going to drop stitches? Am I going to make a mistake and have to work backwards? Is this delicate yarn going to snap?

Lucky for me, I am getting sort of used to working with this yarn and needles. I think it will definitely be a project for a "little bit at a time" because it is taking some serious concentration. I have to keep a close eye on those itty bitty stitches. Here is the progress after 8 rows of the border.

Otherwise, we have been watching movies to pass the time (and avoid too much work around the house). We watched the Brothers Grimm (thanks M&D) as well as The Departed. The Departed was great, and we found the Brothers Grimm to be entertaining as well. I also am becoming addicted to myspace. Do any of my knitting buddies have myspace?

3 comments:

Knittripps said...

We lost our power for about 2 hours on Sunday morning. Bleh. However, I am thankful it wasn't for longer like for your friend.

Have you thought about using life lines in your lace? Like I did with Branching Out?

Anonymous said...

We had a major ice/ snow storm that shut us down in October. It was fun in a way that you got to just hang out with family and friends. Thankfully we didn't lose power, so we because the hostel for our friends & family that didn't have power.

Anonymous said...

ooooooooh damn!! that photo is beautiful though. you know, sitting over here in sunny ca.