Saturday, February 10, 2007

Finit-o





Lady Eleanor.....blocked, warm, & soooooft....LOVE IT!

Do you remember that skit from TV...I think that it was SNL when they would do movie reviews and they would chime in "Hated it"...well, definitely not the case with Lady E.

If I were to knit this again, the only adjustment I would do is to use size 6's instead of 7's. Lady E looked pretty perfect while I was knitting, but post blocking, the stitches have a little more gape then what I like.

I would highly recommend this knit. Entrelac is a fun technique and Noro made for a great choice...how could so many knit bloggers be wrong? Well, of course they weren't!
After indulging myself with this expensive knit, it is time to get hubbs up to speed with a nice scarf of his own. With this cold weather, he has been wrapping up in a crocheted scarf I made for him like 4.5 years ago when I was still living with my parents (pre-engagement/marriage) and just getting into knitting/crocheting. The yarn is some type of a wool/acrylic blend so it has been durable, but I decided he needed some luxury around his neck.
He picked out a pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts that he liked (the Men's Cashmere Scarf). I zipped out to one of the local yarn stores and picked up some Debbie Bliss Casmerino SuperChunky. I got out my 11's and right away found out that this yarn is too "springy" to show the nice texture of the pattern. Hubbs couldn't find another pattern he liked better, and so I altered this one to spread out the "waffles" a bit. So far it looks up to hubb's standards. I hope to have it wrapped around his neck by V Day.

6 comments:

Libby said...

That looks fabulous. I've had an unreasonable fear of entrelac, but you may have just persuaded me to give it a shot.

Webbies said...

The new Spring Interweave has an article on entrelac and some super cool socks!

Mouse said...

Beautiful! The skit you're thinking of is "Men on Film" from In Living Color.. I think they would give this knit "two snaps up" for being fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

it looks awesome!! and i'm happy to see that you figured out the tassles (i never could - it was like brading spaghetti!).

looks good as a stole...and good as a scarf. nice work.

Knittripps said...

Oh man, since Mouse was able to identify the reference, I can completely picture those guys. How funny!

I love your Lady E. I will have to add it to my ever growing knit list. Too many projects, not enough time...

Julie said...

VERY PRETTY! Is Taylor going to model his scarf for the blog? I think you should make him...hee hee!!