I am a pretty big fan of Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture and it was really interesting to see his home. I have decided that it would great to go back in the summer months for a tour, and maybe camp in the area. I think Hubbs would find some great mountain biking in the area.
I wanted to stop in a cheese shop to pick up some cheese curds for my mom, and came home with a couple things for hubbs & I. We stopped at Carr Vally Cheese in Sauk City. They have won over 60 top awards in the U.S. and International competitions for their cheeses. I brought home their Applewood Smoked Cheddar as well as their Gran Canaria (which the women at the store told me is similar to Parmesan in that it can be grated with a similar texture). Time to have a little wine & cheese tasting I think :) You can order their cheeses online. I noticed that they call their blue cheese...Ba Ba Blue. Hehe.
My family has vacationed to Bayfield and to Door County, but this was my first "tour" of the state. We drove past Madison and up to Oshkosh, and then made our way back through some very scenic roads and little towns. By far, the prettiest little town we saw was Watertown, with its old buildings kept up very nicely. It is fun to drive through the little towns, and see all of the old buildings of each's main streets.
Mitten progress? As they say in Wisconsin,"you betcha". #2 is now complete and so it is time to weave in the ends & block. We will see when I get to that....look at how many ends I have!


2 comments:
hmmm....cheese. :) I suppose I should make a comment on your knitting (although I know nothing). Here it goes: "Wow, you have a lot of ends, perhaps you should use Franklin technique and double curl the doo-hickeys before you tie them off." hehe
Holy Cow! That is sure a lot of ends to weave in. The mittens are really beautiful.
I am drooling since you mentioned Ba Ba Blue cheese.
Post a Comment