Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Years!

Wishing you all the very best this new year!

There has been only a little knitting done on the days off from work (4-day weekends are nice). As you can see, I had some help from Trowa who is eagerly awaiting progress on mitten 2. I am pleased with the results thus far, knitting the child's size was the right call, the first mitten (with only minor adjustments to when decreases began), fits nice and snug. And, given that we got some SNOW last night (not very much, but the ground is white), I am happy to have some mittens that fit! This weather gives me encouragement to get going on #2. Didn't my sis pick out the best colors for these mittens?


Hubbs is outside right now enjoying the 25 degree weather for a bike ride (Jan 1, training begins for '07). The group was going to ride whatever miles were equivalent to the temperature when they met at 10 a.m. So, 25 degrees, 25 miles. If it was zero out, then they were to do a century (100 miles). Brrrr, talk about dedication!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year. that glove is beautiful.

amy said...

happy new year! love the mitten. and you are right the colors are great!

Anonymous said...

I am really loving that green. I am glad you like the colors I picked out. There were so many choices. It was tough!