Over the last few days, Lady E has made some progress. I am working on the 3rd ball of Silk Garden, and already have 15 inches + in!
The width is right around 20 inches so I am pretty close to the pattern. Yesterday, our little knit group had an impromptu get together at a quaint little coffee shop here in the old part of town. Progress was made and it is great to knit in the company of friends where you can enjoy good conversation and coffee. If you don't have a group to knit (or whatever you enjoy doing) with, I highly recommend that you find one in your area.Friday I was brave. I rarely wear the knits I make, and especially don't wear them to the job I have with the "suits". Casual Friday lacks much meaning at my office. The men usually wear shirts and ties as usual and since I am the only female in the ranks with them, I try to stay pretty formal (although sometimes you can't help but wear a little casual from time to time). Lately, sweater vests have been sneaking out around the office and I decided that I was going to wear one of my knitted vests (the one I say is brown, that my knitting buddies say is grey). Hubbs said I am really not brave for wearing my knits because they don't tend to look homemade (in a bad way) or wonky. I was wearing my knit in comfort, enjoying it as I should.
Yesterday, hubbs and I went to one of our local independent movie theaters to see Pan's Labyrinth. I would highly recommend it for those of you out there who like a little fairy tale that has some darkness and life along side it.
We are getting another blasting of snow and the weather people are advising people not to get
out on the roads until 3pm today. Lazy Sunday ahead, with the usual weekend chores around the house. Maybe hubbs will get us set up for some inside riding today. I have to tell you that this indoor riding definitely takes some getting used to. All I know is that I need to find a new bike seat!What activities have you been enjoying this weekend?
4 comments:
I think Blogger ate my comment.
I said that I loved your Lady E and the colors were gorgeous! (stupid blogger ate my homework.)
I agree with the indoor riding. I tried Kyle's trainer a couple of times and just couldn't get into it. Now at the Y I can handle it a little better! Maybe it's the atmosphere...relax at home...work hard at the Y!
Oh my goodness, Lady E looks fantastic!!! I really like the colorway you chose for it, not to out there, subtle but beautiful!
Indoor biking huh? That actually looks pretty cool.
So you are going to try this indoor riding thing?
Loving Lady E.
Post a Comment