Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Looooove the mountains

Ah, feels like we are back home. I love Breckenridge. We have been blessed with beautiful fall weather so far, although the upcoming forecast looks a bit chilly.

We are travelling with our friends Kyle & Julie. So far, the hubbs & Kyle have got some good mountain biking up Boreas Pass and off on a side shoot. All of us got in a little bike ride from Frisco towards Copper Mountain to enjoy the scenery. We also took a drive up Boreas Pass to the very top (right around 11,500 elevation) to take in the views. Last night we had yummy sushi at Mountain Flying Fish. Hubbs and I had Philly rolls, Spicy Tuna rolls, and Spider rolls. Love my maki.

Here are a few pics of the area:


As far as the knitting front, I have been exploring crochet with Nouveau. I am a little confused by the directions and have decided that the terms used are the British terms for crochet instead of the American. I think I am finally ready after a little practicing to start my mohair pieces. 0 down, 32 to go!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I made it up to Breckenridge while I was in Colorado. Definitely beautiful, but so much colder than where I was staying, even in the middle of summer. It actually snowed on our way home... in July!

Mouse said...

Glad you are having such a great time.. thanks for the pictures.. its just like being "home" for me.

Knittripps said...

Oh, I could really go for some maki rolls right now and some cold mountain air! Yum!