Sunday, September 17, 2006

Some Additions and another Sock complete

Yesterday I did some additions to the layout here. I added a few more blog links for knitting blogs I have been following and also added a couple links for my finished pieces. Blogger really doesn't have a good way of displaying picture galleries (unless you use a service like Flicker), so I just did a couple of separate blogs and linked them here: One for 2005 finished pieces and one for 2006 finished pieces. So, enjoy flipping through MOST of my finished works (there are some from 2004 that didn't make it on as well as a few pieces that I don't have pictures for). Adding in all of these pieces made me realize what a fanatic I am about knitting. I always thought knitting was a good way to handle my fidgeting....guess all these projects can attest to that!

I also joined another KAL. This one is the Fall Cable KAL (2006). I have the One Cable Vest from Blue Sky Alpacas on my knitlist, and so this will be a fun way to get me going on that project. Did you hear that vests are in for this year? If you are looking at doing any cable projects this fall, I encourage you to join to!

Conwy II is complete. The 2nd sock was finished a couple of days ago. I used KnitPicks Sock Memories in Carnival (with Size 1's). This color is pretty Rainbow Bright, but I like them all the same.

It is a little dreary here today, hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

Emma said...

It's dreary here too, but I am enjoying it. Love the bright, beautiful socks!

Knittripps said...

I just woke up from my a well needed Sunday nap. It is nice to take naps on dreary days! I like the galleries of your past works. I think it is a good way to go back and look at all you have accomplished. Wow!

Erin said...

I swear it is such a small world, or should I say blogsphere. You stumbled upon Duchess of Gravity because of the dog she has... well, she was one of the knitters I knit with in CO while I was out there! It's just too funny!

Good idea putting up the galleries. I tried to do a sidebar gallery and it just doesn't seem to work too well because I never update the thing!