Saturday, April 22, 2006

Finished Objects...Oh yeah...

I finally got around to getting a good pic of the finished French Market Bag (thanks hubbs)


Yarn Used: Elann.com's Peruvian Highland Wool in some leftovers I had from Nordic Lights (Fushia, Brilliant Blue, Sapphire, & New Leaf).

I really enjoyed making this bag and could definitely see another in my future. Due to the stash bash with this project, I was unable to get an inch (pre-felt) on the sides of the bag and so mine is a little more shallow. I like the finished result, and as I have been telling Knittripps (whose is working away on her French Market as we speak), my bag will be perfect as a tomato bag! Who knows, maybe I can get some asparagus in there too. I can't wait, our first Farmer's Market is coming up on May 13.

And here she is, Celebrity Look-Alike Shawl (take two)! You can see version 1 back on my April 21, 2005 post

I agree with Natalie, who told me last year that the fringe is a must!

Yarn Used: Katia Pisco in Butter Pecan

I am starting to think that shawls that decrease into a large triangle do not work so well for my petite frame. I redid this so I would not have so much of the V hanging down my legs, but alas, it still does. The result is still pretty good this go around though.

I am soooo Jessica Simpson here :)

3 comments:

Knittripps said...

I like the finished Celebrity Look-Alike Shawl. The fringe really adds something and usually I am not a big fan of fringe.

My French Market bag mushes forward. I would like to have it ready to felt by Sunday night, but I am guessing that is a bit ambitious. I am anxious to start on something new.

Erin said...

Look at all these FO's!!! I love the market bag. It's so cute! As for the shawl, who cares if it's too long, it's still awesome.

kathy b said...

INcredible. Fantastic work . I too am short and have to watch the "V" issue. At least it didnt end pointing at your behind, like one of mine did!