Tonight I had the urge to go to Barnes and Noble and check out some of the new books I have been seeing lately. Nancy Bush has a new book, Vintage Socks. Since I have been thinking about socks lately, I thought it might be a good one to add to the collection. I was a little disappointed to see that the majority of the patterns are gentleman's and children's socks. Oh well, I guess they need cute knitted socks as well. This one is off the purchase list for now anyways. I also checked out Sally Melville's new book on Color. I just skimmed this one, but found the patterns to be nothing I would wear...at least at first glimpse. Her lessons are great however, so I am sure it would be a good resource for color work. I went ahead and purchased Wrap Style by Pam Allen & Ann Budd. I am diggin' several patterns in this book. I like the cover (Nordic Lights), Twisty Turns, Shadow Dance, and for lace...Shetland Triangle. Not sure what I will try first. Maybe Nordic Lights, but I do have the yarn for the Shetland Triangle. Maybe that can be a lace project for me and Knittripps to do together! This books is mostly capelets, ponchos, and tubes. I don't know if this is a style I will be sporting for the long run, after-all, I have yet to really wear the mistake rib poncho I made. Oh well, if we can't be intrigued by our knitting, what is the point?
I of course needed to have a Starbuck's cappuccino on the way out, nothing says good sleeping like a load of caffeine, eh? I am sure the dreams will be strange tonight. Oh well, warm drinks on a cool night are fab.
Oh by the way, check out the Knitty Fall surprises...the pumpkins are kinda cute!
Monday, October 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was at B&N a few weeks ago doing the same thing you did... I was disappointed in Vintage Socks as well. I too ended up getting wrap style. Cute patterns, I don't know if I'll ever knit them, but I was inspired at least to buy the book. lol Have you seen the new 'Handknit Holidays' book? It's by Pam Allen. I liked that one too, but it didn't come home with me.
I am looking forward to looking at your new book! Are you bringing it to class on Thursday?
Emily...Yes, to class it will come...along with KYOTO and VESTE EVEREST!
Hopefully this weekend, my 2 big projects will be finished!
Liz,
I didn't see that one. I have heard of it, but didn't even think to look for it. The yarn for Nordic Lights has been ordered!
Post a Comment