Monday, September 05, 2005

Knit Fit

3 day weekends are really nice. Time for outdoor activities, fun with friends, a little bit of knitting, and of course the dreaded housework that has been put off during the week (but we won't talk about that). I have made some real progress on my soakers for our Natalie-Along. I have come so far in them that I am actually going to put them to the side so I have some work to do on them when I get together with my Natalie-Along girls this week. I am enjoying these colors together, bright and cheery, but not too "girly". They have a certain amount of Sesame Street appeal...hello Bert & Ernie!

And how could I resist my new yarn? I have started Veste Everest (my first cable needle experience) and am loving how the pattern looks so far. The yarn I am using is thicker than what the pattern calls for, so my gauge is a little off. I am knitting a size smaller to compensate...we will see how that works out. Happy Labor Day everyone!

2 comments:

Knittripps said...

The soaker and the vest look really good. How is the cable going? Was it difficult to figure out? I really love the color you chose for the vest :)

Knittripps said...

Check out the new fall Knitty!!!
I am in love with Ella. I priced the yarn and it was about $30 per ball, needing 3 balls, so I will be searching for a substitute. I won't be able to start it any time soon anyway because of my soaker, my sweater, and the three HP scarves I need to finish!