Sunday, September 18, 2005

Chicago

I love the energy of big cities, but the older I get...the more I like to get home. Chicago was a good trip for work, lots of interesting things with that. I managed to get in a little shopping at Bloomingdales and the North Face Store (a whole store right across the street from where I was staying). I even had a fabulous dinner one night at Mortons. There isn't much that beats a great steak. I guess there are many Mortons around the country, but this particular one is the original...if you have never been to one and love steak, I would highly suggest going. The hotel was nice, but I don't think I would ever pay to stay there on my own. The location was perfect, but a funny thing happened with all of our bills. They randomly put charges on for food/beverages from our mini bars...probably to see if anyone would notice and ask for them to be removed. I thought it was funny when I saw it on my bill, but EVERYONE I talked to in our group had the same thing happened to them. Cheap hotel practice, for a supposedly high class joint. Things like that really bug me. Hotel was great otherwise.

No visits to local yarn stores, but that is ok as I was very happy stuffing my garment bag with some new duds.

1 comment:

Knittripps said...

He he he! We are blogging at the same time! Mortons is really great. Best steak in a restaurant by my vote so far. In Minneapolis, you have the three great steak places (Mortons, Mannys and Murrays). I have only eaten at two out of the three, but I really was impressed with Mortons.