Thursday, July 14, 2005

Stole and such


This is what I have decided to do with the R2 yarn. I am adapting a pattern from the Keyboard Biologist's blog called Caribbean Cruise Scarf. I am doing increases at the end of my drop rows (and then eventually decreases) so that I can create more of a stole. This picture doesn't really give the increases any justice, but I assure you after this is off the needles it will be more obvious. This yarn is so fun and light! Posted by Picasa

And yes, I have already identified another project once this one is complete. I have been oogling over this pattern on Knitty for quite some time. I ordered the yarn tonight and soon I will be ready to go! Last night at knitting group, Natalie pointed out the Organic Cotton on Elann (my fav source for yarns) and I snagged some today. This is a special treat for me to give myself some congrats for achieving a nice bonus from work...YAY me! (ok, enough with the self). I hear one of my sis's good friends is working on Kyoto too....how's it going?

Last night's knitting group was a relaxing time to knit and chat as always. We had another new face, hooray for young, hip knitters! Now, if only we could get these women to keep coming regularly....then we would definitely be a needle force to be reckoned with!

1 comment:

Knittripps said...

That looks great! It really is turning out beautiful. So light and breezy looking...

I can't wait to see your Kyoto in progress. I love that pattern too. Maybe someday...