Tuesday, June 28, 2005


What could be better? Purls ROCKS! I swooped over there on my lunch hour today and was not disappointed. This is truly a place for the hip knitter. Everything that our other LYS lacks (a fresh look at knitting, the yarns we crave from magazines, the pattern books I have had to order online thus far...) this store has! They are going to be doing classes, and I heard something about wine in the store as well as retreats.....how cool is that?! Wow, Des Moines doesn't suck for yarn stores anymore. Just don't expect to come here for your thrifty deals...they pride themselves in carrying high quality yarns. I can't wait to spend more time here!

Their website is: www.purlstheyarnstudio.com so check it out! Posted by Hello

Oh, and the pic? Just a couple of R2 Paper tape that might become a One Skein Wonder or an airy stole....

2 comments:

Knittripps said...

I can't wait to go there myself and pick up a new treasure. Still looking for a men's sweater pattern to inspire me.

Elspeth said...

That yarn is so cool! It reminds me of the Habu Textiles paper yarn I bought from KnitPixie. Let me/us know what you knit with it, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with mine.