Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The world keeps on spinning, spinning, spinning...

You may wonder what is the state of my spinning lately. Well, I have slowly become a real fiber hoarder. Want to see my stash?

Coopworth Wool roving that came with the wheel
Corridale/Silk Blend that was purchased at the Iowa Sheep & Wool Festival
Angora from our spinning teacher at the IS&W FestCorn (yup, it's really corn) from a trip to Ames Fiber Tree
And the most recent purchase: Alpaca from Double BR Ranch in Nederland CO....say hello to Maxi...and yes, the owner of the alpacas was at the store (Alpacas and More Store).....she showed me pics of her baby alpaca!



As you can see, I have some serious spinning to work on. I am looking forward to getting enough spinning to actually produce a project. The colorful mix has been reserved for the drop spindle, which I think I am finally getting consistency on my spinning with. The wool that came with the wheel has been my "test" batch and I am working away on it. I think that I may try my hand with dying spun yarn with this.

What projects do you think compliment handspun?

3 comments:

Knittripps said...

Guess I am not the only one with spinning on the brain...

Mouse said...

I used to live about 15 minutes from Nederland Colorado-- I still miss that place!
Yum.. Alpaca.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally curious about dying, Beth. Whenever you get into that, I'd love to be in on it. Let me know!

Natalie