Thursday, October 12, 2006

Mo-hap-py

Mohair....fuzzy fuzzy, soft soft.

It is really difficult to get a good picture of this, but here is the progress so far. 6 squares done, and I think that my final # may be closer to 18-24 rather than the 32 the pattern calls for.

I had hoped to get this shawl done by next weekend to wear to a wedding, but barring any extreme crafty-time, I think I will not be finished.

I did receive my yarn for the Blue Sky Alpacas One Cable Vest while I was in NY. This time KnitPicks delivered their yarn quickly, the carrier pigeons must be on vacation :) I am looking forward to getting back to knitting, so I might start alternating projects again to spice things up!

Anyone getting a headstart on holiday knitting?

2 comments:

Knittripps said...

Mohair is looking good! I can't wait to see what it looks like after you block it. Will the fuzzies be tamed? He he he :)

Anonymous said...

That shawl really is going to be cool.

I've been trying to get a head start on Christmas knitting (mainly socks!) We'll have to see how far I get.